School shooting tragedies across the country have demonstrated the need for pro active and improved school security. While security and technology solutions cannot completely solve the problem, they can significantly help save lives and improve law enforcement and public safety response.
School administrators can prepare for a crisis by ensuring proper emergency and crisis training for school employees, which includes active shooter preparedness and the use mass notification systems to reach parents and emergency responders.
We created the Safe Schools page to be a one stop shop for school administrators, parents and emergency responders to access the latest news, technology products and best practices that if applied to a school security strategy can make a real difference in the security of children.
- Active Shooter Response
- Active Shooter Video Response
- National School Safety And Security Services Best Practices
- School Emergency Planning Evaluations
- DHS Introduction to the Incident Command System For Schools
- DHS Multi-Hazard Emergency Planning for Schools
- DHS Protecting School Infrastructure
- Secret Service School Threat Assessment
- Action Guide For Emergency Management at Institutions of Higher Education
- A Guide to School Vulnerability Assessments
- Handbook for Campus Safety
- Crisis Planning For Schools
- Understanding and Planning for School Bomb Incidents
- Oklahoma School Security Commission 2013 Report
- School Security & The School Safety Resource Officer
Mass Notification Systems
- AMG Alerts - Voice, Text, Email, Web
- AtHoc- Higher Education
- One Call Now